Doing the mighty Angron was such a fun that I just needed to go on with doing the daemon primarchs. Next one on my list is the Primarch of the Thousand Sons
chapter, Magnus the Red. The basic model is the Scarab Lord from Top Miniatures, which is actually Magnus the Red before he turned to chaos and became a daemon prince. I just had to
"demonized" him a bit, practincing further sculpt techniques :
- added wings, of course, these are from Abyst from Reaper miniatures (not fully shown yet ;) )
- added backpack from 40k daemon + dragon head exhausts
- added horns on shoulders, head, feet, elbows
- added cables on both arms (3 on arm with weapon, 2 on other)
- added Tzeentch rune and tabard fromLord of Change + real chain
- added book on his right side (from terminator Librarian)
- sculpted demon heads on both legs
- sculpted souls in cape and head, to make a kind of "cloak of souls"
- added chaotic arrows on legs (plasticard)
- added Tzeentch rune on halberd + power unit
- added skull & spike at the end of halberd
For better views, as usual check into the gallery : 1, 2, 3, 4.
Inspiration came from the excellent Horus Heresy artbook (Black Library), from the standard daemon prince, and of course from my twisted mind too :)